PracticeNL is a service of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Department of Health and Community Services (DOHCS).

We at PracticeNL truly appreciate that you are taking the time to consider Newfoundland and Labrador as a place to practice. Every AHP looking to practice here has unique needs. These can range from registration and licensure questions, to housing and schooling options for your family. Because of this, we are here to provide you with access to resources that fit your needs.

Who do we help? 

At PracticeNL, our services are focused on:

  1. Students attending allied health programs at MUN or other Canadian University programs.

  2. AHP practicing in other Canadian jurisdictions and countries.

  3. Internationally-Educated Allied Health Professionals considering practice in Newfoundland and Labrador.

How do we help?

PracticeNL provides information on Allied Health practice in our province. There is information on professional specific regulatory bodies, employers, immigration and much more.  The links connect you to a number of resources that provide very valuable information for Allied Health Professionals practice and living in Newfoundland and Labrador.

We work closely with internationally educated health professionals to ensure they understand the process and time required to work in a regulated professionals; there are many details beyond relocating.  Individuals from outside Newfoundland and Labrador may have questions about issues such as housing, travel expenses, cultural issues, and employment for his or her spouse and much more. We help with a wide variety of concerns and provide direction.

Our services go well beyond practicing information!

We provide you with information about our province, regional health authorities / employers, opportunities, the culture and much more. Once you decide to become established in our province, we’ll provide you with access to employment opportunities, contacts and other resources to get your career started as an allied health professional in Newfoundland and Labrador.