Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapy

Registration and Licensing:

Occupational Therapists interested in registration and licensure in Newfoundland and Labrador are encouraged to visit the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Therapy Board for detailed information about entry into practice.   All Occupational Therapists who practice in the province must be registered members of the NLOTB. 
As the regulatory body, the NLOTB:

  • sets the conditions for entry into the profession (licensure)
  • monitors members to ensure adherence to the laws, regulations, and standards that govern practice

Continuing Professional Development:

The Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Occupational Therapists (NLAOT), the provincial association, and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, the national association, provide support and information on professional development opportunities for Occupational Therapists.